Get Certified: Teacher Training
Learn to teach aerial fitness, one of the fastest growing trends in the fitness industry today.
Aerial Fitness Teacher Training / Instructor Certification registration is NOW OPEN!
Want to bring aerial fitness and aerial yoga style fitness to your athletic facility, studio or gym? Zina's Aerial Fun & Fitness studio is the official training studio, and we are the first to offer this style of Aerial Fitness teacher training to the greater Wilmington and Newark Delaware areas.
Convenient driving from surrounding areas Pennsylvania, Eastern Maryland, Southern New Jersey. Training open to any state. Become certified as an Aerial Fitness instructor and teach it at your athletic facility, studio or gym!
Our Level 1 and 2 training will certify instructors in Aerial Fitness Instructors can expect to learn:
- Health Benefits of Aerial Exercise
- Foundational to Advanced wraps
- Basic Anatomy Fitness Terms
- 100+ Poses and Exercises
- Safety, Comfort, Sequencing and Rigging
Leave knowing how to teach a class, or open your own studio. Training class size is small with plenty of hammock time for each person. Instructor Track students will come away ready to teach the foundational wraps after they complete Level 1 and are highly encouraged to start earning apprentice hours.
The course has 4 separate tracks that make up 2 levels, totaling over 100 hours of training depending on group size and experience. It is a great tool for many styles of fitness training from restorative poses to athletic challenges. Something for everyone. Master Trainers open in 2016 and Level 3 to open 2017.
This amazingly safe, effective, and fun fitness program is at the front edge of the market. Join in and get fit with one of the most fun training sessions you will ever attend.
or as a Personal Intensive Track to learn more for yourself
Don't want to teach? Take the Aerial Fitness Personal Intensive Track to increase your knowledge and skill with a personal intensive track.
Level 3 - Acrobatic Flips and Flows - This is a course bridges into circus fitness for your teacher training. This training is more physically demanding and you need to be able to hold your body weight or be able to self-spot yourself in the hammock. In this course we will focus on building on your current stability and strength, teaching you how to start adding in the power and agility for poses, transitions, and flows. There is a strong emphasis to teach how to build core and shoulder stability, body awareness, proprioception, and kinesthesia. Learn progressions for your students, injury prevention, body types, anatomy, clean cueing, linking sequences, transitions and flows. Also, extra detail for spotting, safety and rigging for higher risk elements, movements, and dynamic forces created. Prereq. current certification and teaching both levels and Level 2 for 50+hrs. Also, we may need to add level 2 supplemental workshop the day before which would - 4 days*) You must be able to physically be able to complete 50% of curriculum to pass teacher test out and receive certification or approval to instruct.
Not Local? No worries, will travel to train your own group at your facility, gym or studio*
Already VaihAyasa Aerial Yoga Certified? Just let us know. If currently teaching you can retake for 1/2 price with current VaihAyasa Manual. You will receive the new material that are different from our sister school. You may also be eligible to add on the Level 3 or the Aerial Fitness Master Trainer pending test out or review. If you are from another aerial yoga/fitness school we will be happy to work with you, assessed on a case by case basis.
All current instructors can audit classes or take a refresher for a deeply discounted fee.
Been teaching for awhile, have your own studio or are a natural teacher? MASTER TEACHER TRAINING For Level 1 and 2, NOW OPEN - Inquiries Welcome.
Looking forward to teaching you the best fun in fitness! It will be so worth it.
Next training Dates: 2018
DATES FOR 2018
- Jan 18-21 - AFTT Level 1 - 4 days Intensive $998
- Jan 27 - Level 1 and 2 supplemental - must be currently certified to take this course.= $250.00 supplemental manual included. Recommended before Level 3.
- Feb 10 (alternate date) - Level 1 and Level 2 Supplemental - must be currently certified to take this course. $250.00 supplemental manual included. Recommended before Level 3.
- Feb 15-18 - AFTT Level 2 - 4 day Intensive $998
- March 9-11 - Level 3A (prereq. current certification and teaching Level 2 for 50+hrs and level 2 supplemental) 3 days - $598.00 - extra anatomy reading required before attendance. Submit Level 3 application here.
- Jul 12-15 - Level 1 - 4 day Intensive $998
- Aug 9-12 - Level 2- 4 day Intensive $998
- Sep 28-30 - Level 3A (prereq. current certification and teaching Level 2 for 50+hrs, and level 2 supplemental) 3 days - $750.00 - extra anatomy reading required before attendance. Submit Level 3 application here.
- Nov / Dec Level 1 & Level 2 - TBA
* A small fee to cover travel is added for out of town training or smaller groups of 1 to 3 students. Prices are adjusted as needed. Sign up on the calendar for teacher training dates. Level 3 submit application here.
The training was amazing, I feel blessed to have been a part of it.
"Zina’s enthusiasm is contagious, and she is encouraging with detailed explanations to make sure you understand."
The hands on training like spotting and working with each other to see what problems could arise and how to solve them.
The practice and review sections with the support of everyone was so helpful to learn and remember the proper “cues”.
I thought the training was excellent. I am way further ahead and developed than I would have been without it.
The spotting and assistance was a great help to learn the moves when I was uncomfortable.
I truly enjoyed this experience with you into the world of Aerial. Thank you for the amazing opportunity.
I like it all from learning to teach all ability levels, the workout, happiness from Aerial, and having fun learning to flip and fly.