Benefits of Aerial Yoga:
- Joint mobility increased
- Circulation improved
- Improves balance and agility
- Your mood physically improves
- Movement becomes more fluid
- Proper alignment attained naturally
- Neck & spine decompressed
- Less pressure on hands, neck, shoulders & joints
- Refreshes your lymphatic system
- Achieve more advanced postures while being supported
- Allows gravity to deepen stretches
- Experience the benefits of inversions without risk of injury to neck or spine
- Enhance, deepen, & advance your floor practice
- Have fun while you strengthen & lengthen
- Hydrates your vertebral disks
- Build and strengthen core muscles, and increases muscular flexibility
Elevate the mind body and spirit with Aerial yoga. A new style of yoga that can take you to new heights.
What is Aerial Yoga?
Aerial yoga is great for everyone, especially beginners who may have never attempted yoga in the past. Besides having fun and creating physical beauty, this new form of yoga will greatly assist in your physical agility and promote great health. Aerial Yoga allows practitioners to invert without strain to the neck or joints, allowing for surrender into a posture and full benefits. You will find that your mind clears, shifting to become open, aware, present.
In Aerial Yoga, a soft fabric hammock (supporting up to 1000 lbs.), suspended a few feet off the ground, is used to move through traditional & non-traditional Hatha Yoga poses. Used as a prop, the hammock assists alignment, deepens awareness and provides immediate benefits of spinal decompression. With the weight of the body partially or fully supported along with the help of gravity and the fabric, space is naturally created in the body without effort.
Some Aerial Yoga postures are geared at helping students better understand the proper alignment of traditional Yoga postures, and some are meant to help students achieve advanced traditional Yoga postures which may not otherwise be available to a student.
Stay grounded or add it some lift. Great for restoration or rejuvenation. Call for privates or group lessons.
What does VaihAyasa Aerial Yoga mean?
VaihAyasa is Sanskrit for “being or moving in the air, suspended in the air, sky-dwellers.” An appropriate name for the newest style of Aerial Yoga that combines the fun of other playful acrobatic aerial, with the more grounding and alignment-centered details of more yogic aerial. It is a smooth merger of both extremes of the aerial yoga world that allows practitioners to sink into their practice more quickly, to deepen stretches, to find proper alignment naturally, and to reap the benefits of inversions without strain on the joints of the body.